The Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology (VCQ) invites applications for the Vienna Quantum Fellowships. These Fellowships in Experimental or Theoretical Quantum Science will be awarded on the postdoc-level on the basis of an international competition. The appointments are for a three-year duration. Postdoctoral Fellowships carry a competitive annual salary, and offer an annual research expense fund.
The Vienna Quantum Fellowship program has been established with the support from the Austrian Ministry of Science and Research to offer young scientists the best possible opportunity to develop their talents in the environment of the Vienna Center for Quantum Science and Technology (VCQ).
The VCQ faculty provides a broad variety of research opportunities in the areas of Experimental and Theoretical Quantum Science (see http://vcq.quantum.at):
- Matter wave interferometry and quantum optics
- Micro- and nanoscale quantum optics and quantum optomechanics
- Microoptics and novel quantum states of light
- Cold atoms and degenerate quantum gases
- Many-body quantum physics and quantum simulations
- Entanglement-based quantum communication on Earth and via satellites
- Quantum information and foundations of physics
Information about how to apply and the required application material can be obtained from http://vcq.quantum.at
Deadline for the application is 31st December 2014. Fellowship candidates will automatically be considered for other available postdoctoral positions in their fields of interest.