You will undertake research in the recently establish project: “Quantum control based on real-time environment analysis by spectator qubits” The project aims at demonstrating an unprecedented capability: a noise-cancelling system for quantum bits in silicon. The role will contribute to the design, fabrication and operation of a system of spin-based quantum bits in silicon where one acts as the “spectator” and the other as the “data” qubit. The Research Associate will develop and implement advanced control sequences for complex, multi-spin devices, in liaison with our theory collaborators.
The role of Research Associate reports to Scientia Professor Andrea Morello.
- 2 positions available
- Salary: $95,449 - $102,091 (AUD) + 17% superannuation
- Fixed-term contract until September 2021
- Full-time position (35 hours per week)
- Location: Kensington Campus – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications.
About the successful applicant:
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- Able to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Able to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Experience in quantum measurement and control, quantum information science, semiconductor nanofabrication and/or and operation of complex spin qubit systems.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the attached position description below.
POSITION DESCRIPTION - 74558 - Position Description - Research Associate (A) - Quantum.pdf
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position include qualification verification.